UPGRADE Award 2019
The Techno Pitch was held for the second time in 2019 as part of the hotelforum conference programme. Five innovative start-ups pitched their ideas to a jury of hotel, trade and industry representatives and to the conference audience at 10-minute intervals: 5 minutes’ presentation time and 5 minutes’ Q&A by an expert jury.
The winner 2019, Floating Office, a company from Darmstadt literally turns the limits of modern room concepts upside down. Furniture is moved vertically via an app and at the same time offers stability as if it were standing on four legs.
The UPGRADE Award will be presented by hotelforum in cooperation with the team from Der Profitester and Gastgewerbe magazine. The prize will be awarded to start-ups that use smart and digital technologies to sustainably “upgrade”
- processes, operational performance and the guest experience in the hotel and tourism industry,
- processes and operating performance in planning and hotel development, as well as in the finished hotel property.
The expert jury:
Hotel industry: Dr. Constantin Rehberg, Chief Digital Officer, prizeotel
Institutional investor: Kirsten Falke, Head of Digitalisation, Business Development and Processes, Union Investment
Hotel operator: Pierre Beckerich, Owner of Yooma Urban Lounge
Media: Sandra Lederer, Editor-in-Chief at hotelbau
Head of jury: Christian Fiedler, Managing Director, Der Profitester/Gastgewerbe-Magazin
The prize will be awarded in the Palaishalle after the CEO presentation at the end of the day’s programme.
- Sponsorship of Young Professional membership in the “Arbeitskreis Hotelimmobilien” (a hotel properties working group) in 2020 (hotelforum)
- 1 start-up exhibitor pack at hotelforum 2020 (hotelforum)
- Photo shooting event and a 2-page company portrait in the Gastgewerbe-Magazin and on derprofitester.de (DerProfitester)
- Company portrait in the hotelbau trade magazine (hotelbau)